AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heys guys I just switched out my 36 Tv and hooked up a 27. My problem is that I have a VCR/DVD combo hooked up with all COAX. STB to VCR/DVD to the TV and when I play a DVD its in black and white. But if I play a tape its color? Now before I switched it I had an S-video cable going from the VCR/DVD to the TV. But with the 27" theres is no S-video only composite? Do I need to use a composite cable from the VCR/DVD to the tv to get color???? I am stumped I thought coax would do it but I dont know?????

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
It sounds like copy protection is kicking in,just use the composite or s-video input.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just tried using the composite cables form the VCR/DVD to the TV and its still black and white on DVDs? Could something be wrong with the player?? Makes no sense to me?? Help please

·
Registered
172 Posts
Did you try looking through the setup menu for picture outputs?

This dvd combo might even have a hard switch on back to switch output.

Can you try hooking up to different TV with S-Video? This would determine if it is ouput has gone bad.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have not tried to hook it back up to the Tv it was originally hooked up to via s-video. I just dont understand why the VCR side plays in color and the DVD doesnt?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still have not re hooked it to the original TV. But it now very ocasionlly show color but most often its still black and white?? There is no output menu or anything like that on this unit as far as I can find so I dont think that is an issue. Is there some sort of color processor in the DVD side they may be going bad or something? This is wierd

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.