AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hooked my PC which has an MSI 6800 128mb to my Sony 55XS955 grand wega LCD Proj. TV. The card came with a adapter and an s-video cable that allowed me to hook it up to the s-video input on my TV. The result was horrible. Text was barely readable. I couldn't even go above 1028x780 resolution even though my TV supports much much higher than that.

What's up?

·
Registered
102 Posts
S-video doesn't support high def, that's what. I don't know your card, but you need another way to hook it up. Don't you have a DVI output on that card ?

·
Registered
Sony 5000 ES PJ, Lumagen 4242, Anthem MRX 1120, Apple TV 4K, Oppo 203
266 Posts
You can buy a dvi-hdmi cable. Plug the DVI end to your PC, the HDMI side to the TV and you should be in good shape. The main difference between DVI and HDMI (for these purposes) is that HDMI can also carry audio signals. But, for video signals the 2 standards are compatible.

A quick google search should get you started!

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
You can buy an hdmi-to-dvi cable. Or if you already have the hdmi cable they make an adapter that converts one end to dvi. There are plenty around. S-video only has enough bandwidth capabilities to handle 320x200 resolution. You will have to use the dvi port on that card to get higher resolutions. You may need powerstrip drivers to get the custom resolution for your set.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewing
I hooked my PC which has an MSI 6800 128mb to my Sony 55XS955 grand wega LCD Proj. TV. The card came with a adapter and an s-video cable that allowed me to hook it up to the s-video input on my TV. The result was horrible. Text was barely readable. I couldn't even go above 1028x780 resolution even though my TV supports much much higher than that.

What's up?
S-Video has horrible resolution with a HDTV, thats what :) You need to get a DVI to HDMI adapter and you will notice a HUGE difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.