AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm buying a Revolution 7.1 for my HTPC. I did a search and couldn't find the info I'm wanting that way or in the FAQs. So, if I've overlooked something please correct and point me to another thread.

I want to hook it up via analog to my Onkyo TX-SR600 so that I can play games in EAX surround and when available for the Revolution, DVD Audio. I found a Monster cable that is a stereo RCA to 1/8 mini but its $40 at Amazon and I have to have 3 of these to connect to the receiver. Thats much more money than I want to spend. So, I looked at the Acoustic Research website and found the same thing and its only $20 online. I haven't looked at Best Buy yet but I will tonight. Can I just buy some cheaper Monster cables and get a Radio Shack connector that will connect the RCA cables to the back of the sound card? What are others doing? I don't want to spend $100 but I don't want to sacrific sound quality on my HTPC system either.

Oh and for DVD would I be better off getting a cable to hook via the digital coax from the card to the receiver or should I just use the analog? I guess I can answer that myself because I want to have 6.1 sound and it looks like to do that you have to use the digital cause my receiver doesn't have inputs for a rear center speaker.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I don't think I would buy an RCA cable then add an RCA-to-mini adaptor. The more connections the worse it is. I bought some cables on-line for about $7 a piece that were a little thicker than the radio shack RCA-to-mini cable. The $4 radio shack cables are probably an acceptable solution.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
I'm not a huge audiophile, so it doesn't have to be perfect- I just purchased 1/8"plug- 2RCA Female cables (6" from the plug to the split RCA plugs) for $2 a pop. They were also selling that little 1/8"-2RCA adapter for $2, but it seemed like a really tight fit, and I don't like the stress those adapters put on the plug.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.