AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello what reciever would be best to hook up two tvs in the same room that will play dvds/tv/360/wii ? i looked at the Sony STR-DN1000 7.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver but it seems to have only 1 hdmi output as i will need 2 for hookup to both tv's ... any ideas please ?

·
Registered
7,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleynightrod /forum/post/18228709

hello what reciever would be best to hook up two tvs in the same room that will play dvds/tv/360/wii ? i looked at the Sony STR-DN1000 7.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver but it seems to have only 1 hdmi output as i will need 2 for hookup to both tv's ... any ideas please ?

For getting that from a Sony you'll need to step up to one of the Sony ES models. There is also a Marantz 6003 possibly in that price range that does have 2 HDMI's out. However, most won't let you output 2 different displays at the same time. Is that what you are trying to do?

·
Registered
5,427 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleynightrod /forum/post/18230380

i would like to be able to watch tv on one end and play 360 or wii on the other tv if possible ?

You would need a matrix switcher for that. I personally have never heard of a receiver with such capability at any price.

This is an example of what I'm talking about. Not a recommendation, I've never used it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts