AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Make sure you read the TV user manual closely so that you only send it a resolution over the interface you plan on using that it will accept over that interface. Such as 720p or 1080i over componnt or HDMI as these are two most common HD resoltuions that HDTVs receive.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im lost, the tv does not have a dedicated pc input but it does have mutiple hdmi and 1 dvi input

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
The TV has no idea where the DVI or HDMI signal is coming from. It can be from a PC just as easily from a separate tuner box.

So as long as your PC graphics card has a DVI or HDMI output connector you are all set.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well unfortunatly for me it does not, it does have a 1394 output what ever that is? multiple usb ports, and the regular i think vga output that the monitor is hooked up to. its a newer pc a dell xps200. but i found a place that has a vga to hdmi converter would this work? heres a link.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/su...01&cp_id=10114

is there a cheaper way? i am trying to hook the pc up to the new mitsu and do away with my old monitor and just use the tv as the monitor.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
You can by a more powerfull graphics card that also supports HDMI or component as well as VGA for less money then the VGA to HDMI transcoder you linked to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts