AVS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 46" Sony XBR4.

I am trying to hook up my PC with an nVidia 8800 GT to my television.

I bought a Monster DVI to HDMI adapter and plugged the DVI cable from the PCI into it. I inserted the adapter into the TV on the side (HDMI 2).

When I boot the PC, I see the bios post, but then the TV goes to a black screen after that. Any ideas?

Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nvidia has a display program that is used to route the display to various places, I believe it is called ntune. Have you tried this? Does your 8800Gt have two outputs, both DVI? Does the internal display on the computer monitor work?

Lastly, have you tried the DVI to RGB converter that came with the 8800GT and used the RGB 15 pin signal to the TV?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Nected /forum/post/12894849

Nvidia has a display program that is used to route the display to various places, I believe it is called ntune. Have you tried this? Does your 8800Gt have two outputs, both DVI? Does the internal display on the computer monitor work?

Lastly, have you tried the DVI to RGB converter that came with the 8800GT and used the RGB 15 pin signal to the TV?

Ntune is used to monitor temps and bios settings.

This is probably happening because you have another monitor hooked up through the primary dvi port, just hook your tv up to the primary dvi port and it should auto config on the next boot.

·
Registered
581 Posts
the tv should work fine hooked up to the 2nd dvi port. make sure when both the monitor and tv are on, go into the drivers and ensure "DualView" is enabled through your nV drivers.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, I hooked it up through the primary DVI port with nothing connected to the 2nd port.

Thinking about it, it may be a resolution issue. My PC is set to 1600x1200. I figured it would change when windows detected a different monitor, but that may not be the case.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
It should automatically change to the highest resolution availible.

Try remoting the pc using rdp or gencontrol to change the res without jacking with your cables. Or you can plug the monitor up to the first port and the tv up to the second and then enable dual monitors in the driver control panel.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had exact same issue. I am using GeForce 8500GT with XBR4. I can use XBR4 as my primary monitor only when I plug *both* DVI connector from PC to XBR4. I use only HDMI->HDMI input, but I need to keep DVI->PC(VGA) input all the time. It is not a big deal though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I jsut got the 8800gts and was jsut woduing whats going on with this. i am going to be hooking it to my 52 inch xbr4. so one just has to be connected to your primary monitor (via vga) the other to xbr 4 (via dvi to hdmi ) and both and both have to be in use???? thansk for your help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
exact same probleme.

I can't boot with only dvi to hdmi with an Asus EN8600 GS Silent and an Sony Bravia W3000.

I'm talking to the support of Asus and they just don't help..

Clearly the new 8000 serie nvidia card have a probleme with the sony television, just google nvidia and xbr you will see..

-Cris

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yea I have a Sony KDL-XBR4 and a Nvidia 8800 GTS, your problem is exactly the same as I am having. S-Video works but DVI-HDMI doesn't work at all. I called Sony tonight and they said it was my cord more than likely. Have you solved the issue yet or does anyone else know what the problem is? I used my current graphics card on a 32" Sharp Aquos and a Samsung 4071 and had no problem with my current Monster DVI-HDMI cord. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
82 Posts
also for those of you who got it to work what kind of cord and or adaptors are you using? Also whats the highest quality you can get from using the RGB(VGA) slot on the televison to DVI adaptor? I am looking to get the highest quality as would be produced from an HDMI cord in terms of resolution.

·
Registered
82 Posts
sorry, after further research I now realize I can get it to work properly if both the HDMI port and the VGA port on the TV are being filled it will work. If this is the case, I cant try it out til I get a VGA cord then I have only one question.

If both the VGA and HDMI port are being used for the same purpose(PC) then does using one slot and not another effect the performance at all in comparison to having just one slot being used? And also by doing this whats the max resolution possible then? Thanks!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't understand that Asus and Nvidia did'nt find a solution wet... it's clear that the 8000 nvidia card are not compatible with Sony Bravia TV

(yes it work if u use vga and dvi, but it's not a real solution, you almost need to reset the screen all the time if the computer restart with the tv off)

-Cristian

1 - 14 of 14 Posts