AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know would I be able to hook up the Toshiba DST 3000 to the Mitsubishi wt46809 HDTV upgradeable big screen? Also how is this HDTV receiver? Thanks

------------------

Frankie

·
Registered
241 Posts
You should be able to hook up any HD receiver to your TV via your componet inputs. For the RCA DTC-100 you would need to buy an adapter. I own the Toshiba DST-3000 and overall I am pleased with the unit. Good Luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Bmello, what kind of an adapter is it I would need?

------------------

Frankie

·
Registered
241 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ynggun21:
Hi Bmello, what kind of an adapter is it I would need?

I don't own an RCA DTC-100 but I think the output connection is RGB (Pin Connection) similar to a computer printer hookup and the adapter gets you to componet connection. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

·
Registered
247 Posts
Check Audio Authority for adaptor. For more info search-lots of discussion re this topic.

Bill

------------------

Cranial Nerve II With control by III, IV, and VI

·
Registered
275 Posts
A correction to the above info...

An adapter is NOT necessary for the DTC-100. The HD input on Mits TV's can be used for RGB or component, it's menu selectable. This has been the case since the 2000 sets.

Some do choose to use the adapter with the DTC-100 to go component, in order to use other devices designed to correct the "red push" issue with these sets. See www.***************.com for more info.

The Tosh, of course, should connect component without a problem.

------------------

Cindi

Mitsubishi 46805 HDTV

RCA DTC-100 HD Receiver

Hughes GXCEB0T DirecTivo

Toshiba SD-5109 DVD

Kenwood HTB503

·
Registered
987 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lady400:
A correction to the above info...

An adapter is NOT necessary for the DTC-100.
This is correct, ONLY for a Mits HDTV, and any other monitor that has 5 BNC (RGB+HV) inputs. What you will need for a DTC with a Mits HDTV is a VGA (DB15) to 5-BNC "breakout" video cable. There's one available at ratshack online, but it's a little pricey at $37.00.

------------------

-Kieran.

(Member since ~01/98 but AVS killed my membership

after a few months of no posting.)
My HT page

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.