AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have hooked up to my HTPC a Denon 1909 with 5.0 speakers. (Energy RC10, RC mini, C100)

I have a set of Logitech Z-5500s laying around and want to know if it is possible to hook this thing up and use it like a regular sub?

·
Registered
721 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-Powers /forum/post/16931464

I currently have hooked up to my HTPC a Denon 1909 with 5.0 speakers. (Energy RC10, RC mini, C100)

I have a set of Logitech Z-5500s laying around and want to know if it is possible to hook this thing up and use it like a regular sub?

From what i remember of the way those speakers are set up, you cant. Its a digital setup and requires use of the control pod etc in order work properly. I'm not 100% positive you can't do it, but fairly certain.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've hooked up my Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra's sub to my AVR 254. All I did was get a 3.5mm to RCA adapter and connect it from the Sub/Center (Orange) input on my Sub and the RCA to the Pre-Out on the receiver. Guess you can do the same with the Z-5500. One thing is to make sure the control Pod is turned on or the sub won't work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts