AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I purchased a Samsung 50" 850 plasma along with a Samsung 5.1 blu ray home theater system. I have hooked up just the blu ray receiver to the tv but I'm not ready to hook up the speakers yet. However, I cannot get the sound to work through the TV's speakers. Do I have to have the component speakers hooked up to the blu ray receiver to hear the sound or is there someway to get the sound to play through the Tv speakers for now? Thanks for the help in advance!

·
Registered
336 Posts
If you've connected the Samsung player to the TV via HMDI, the player should have an HDMI audio on / off setting, which might, by default, be set to off, which assumes you're using digital optical or coaxial cable get 5.1 sound. Of course you would set that to On. You also might check whether bitstream or PCM is selcted on the player -- not sure which, or if it matters which, would work with HDMI audio to the TV. If you're connecting via component cable then you would need to connect audio cables from the player to the TV in order to get sound.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.