Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys:

I need some Help! I am trying to buy the cables (S-Video, Component etc) that I would need to hook up the following units to the Sharp XV-Z9000U DLP:

1. Dish Receiver (Echostar)

2. Sony DVD (interlaced - DVP7000)

3. Sony Receiver (this controls the sound)

I have been told by various people that I need S-Video, composite, or component cables .....I am a little confused by all this. So....if HT experts who have hooked up similar units to a Sharp 9000DLP can help me out with their recommendations, I greatly would appreciate that!!

Thanks in advance.....

Amar

PS: Also, are there any websites out there that you would recommend to purchase the required cables (I am told bettercables.com is a good one)

·
Registered
401 Posts
You need an S-Video cable for the dish. You need either an S-Video cable or a component cable for your DVD player. Does you DVD player have a component output? If so, that can offer and improved picture over S-Video, but it may be subtle enough that you won't notice.

I'm going to use http://www.avcable.com to buy cables for my 9000. Send them an email and they'll give you a quote. They can make any length cable you need.

The best prices I got on cable were through my local dealer and AVCable. My local dealer couldn't get me custom lengths so I'm going with AVCable. They were recommended to me by members of this forum. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Augie!

The quote for similar length and specs cables that avcable.com guys gave was 1/3rd of what bettercables.com quoted.....does anyone have any comment on the quality of the avcable.com guys compared to bettercables.com or other leading guys??? I am trying to determine the best value for the money. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally posted by Augie
You need an S-Video cable for the dish. You need either an S-Video cable or a component cable for your DVD player. Does you DVD player have a component output? If so, that can offer and improved picture over S-Video, but it may be subtle enough that you won't notice.

I'm going to use http://www.avcable.com to buy cables for my 9000. Send them an email and they'll give you a quote. They can make any length cable you need.

The best prices I got on cable were through my local dealer and AVCable. My local dealer couldn't get me custom lengths so I'm going with AVCable. They were recommended to me by members of this forum. Thanks guys!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.