AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have very little knowledge of setting up speakers and the like, and this may sound stupid. I was wondering if say I wanted to run my two fronts off of an xpa-2 or 2 xpa-1's, would these be hooked up to pre-outs on a denon? If so I should look for an avr with 3 pre-outs, assuming I go with the 2 xpa-1's (and sub)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice, so that makes it easy for me.

The only thing keeping me away from the 3311ci is the whole ethernet thing, if I bought one that is stated to be "new" and downloaded the proper firmware (the one that supposedly fixed the problem) as soon as I set up the AVR; there should be no issues?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks jd. Everyone that seems to be on here helping denon users (people with denon and audyssey links in their posts) are very helpful.

I have one last question. When would the warranty on the denon begin? If bought from an authorized online dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I have a Denon AVR X4000 that I love for movies and home theater, but I also need to use it to push at high volumes for parties... sometimes at 60-70 volume level for sustained periods... after a while the Denon overheats and shuts off and blinks the red light and I have to start it back up...

I'm thinking of hooking up a Emotiva XPA-5 and using that to push my speakers...when I need the sustain high power volume for a few hours... and use the Denon AVR Pre-Outs into the Emotiva...

If I do this... how do I make sure the Denon is not generating the heat "thinking" it's running the speakers at volume... when the Emotiva is doing all the work...  do I turn off the internal Denon Amps or something or is it just smart enough to know nothing is pulling power from the amps ....

Does this make sense?  Would it work the way I think above?

·
The Village Idiot
9,756 Posts
Your Denon doesn't think. You can test how hot it will get with an external amp by simply turning it on for a few hours with no source playing. The amp channels are idle and will be doing the same with an external amp connected to it.

Lastly you bumped an old thread - you should have posted a new thread to pose this question - this thread started and ended 2 1/2 years ago.

·
Premium Member
93,361 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brbeardm  /t/1351144/hooking-up-emotiva-amp-to-denon/0_100#post_24157522

I have a Denon AVR X4000 that I love for movies and home theater, but I also need to use it to push at high volumes for parties... sometimes at 60-70 volume level for sustained periods... after a while the Denon overheats and shuts off and blinks the red light and I have to start it back up...

I'm thinking of hooking up a Emotiva XPA-5 and using that to push my speakers...when I need the sustain high power volume for a few hours... and use the Denon AVR Pre-Outs into the Emotiva...

If I do this... how do I make sure the Denon is not generating the heat "thinking" it's running the speakers at volume... when the Emotiva is doing all the work...  do I turn off the internal Denon Amps or something or is it just smart enough to know nothing is pulling power from the amps ....

Does this make sense?  Would it work the way I think above?

Reposted to the Denon "X" series Owner's thread ...

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1465528/the-official-2013-denon-e-series-x-series-avr-model-owners-thread-faq/4700_100#post_24157660

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.