AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I recently picked up the Vizio VSB200 at a price I couldn't beat. I've been wanting something I can also play my iPod on and figured I might as well connect it to this when I wanted to listen to music. Problem is, in the manual it says you shouldn't connect an MP3 player directly to the speaker as it might damage both devices. I've tried searching for Vizio iPod docks but couldn't find any stand alones (weird??) so I figured I'd ask you guys here for help. Thanks in advance!

Matt

·
Registered
74 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUF /forum/post/20815091

Hey guys,

I recently picked up the Vizio VSB200 at a price I couldn't beat. I've been wanting something I can also play my iPod on and figured I might as well connect it to this when I wanted to listen to music. Problem is, in the manual it says you shouldn't connect an MP3 player directly to the speaker as it might damage both devices. I've tried searching for Vizio iPod docks but couldn't find any stand alones (weird??) so I figured I'd ask you guys here for help. Thanks in advance!

Matt

I've use a cheap dock and have also went straight from my ipod touch, never had a problem. Currently I just stream all music from computer to Samsung Blue Ray Player. Sounds pretty good for what it is.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Does your iPod have a standard audio out for headphones? If so, simply purchase an adpater with the mic jack for the iPod at one end and the necessary red and black RCA jacks on the other. Connect iPod to soundbar and enjoy.

I don't have an iPod but use an MP3 player with my Visio in the bedroom for music and it works perfectly.

Caution: Just make sure both devices are powered off when you connect the cables or you could fry either device. Same holds true for TV's or anything else you wish to connect to the soundbar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.