AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having problems finding this in the manual.

Until last Friday I was using this unit with an old 31" CRT. The TV quit on Friday.

Hooked up with component cables for the digital channels and a RF antenna cable for the one analog channel we watch. We only have off the air.

Have a LG 47LE5400 coming. Also bought a Pioneer VSX-30 AVR.

Not sure how to hook this up so I can watch both digital and analog channels, record off the air broadcast, and dub from my VCR.

Any help would be great

Thanks

·
Registered
506 Posts
It looks like you can hook both the VCR (composite) and the DVDR (HDMI) up to the Pioneer, if the VCR has two outputs. If the VCR only has one, then you will have to hook it up to the DVDR to be able to dub from the VCR to the DVDR. You may be able to also get a Y cable (Y for the Yellow, red, and white) that will allow you to hook it up both to the DVDR and the Pioneer. The Pioneer will upconvert the Yellow cable from the VCR and send it to the TV through the HDMI cable. I am not sure about the sound though.

Your Pioneer will be the switch between watching the VCR and the DVDR. The DVDR will have (cable in) and HDMI out to the Pioneer and the Pioneer will have HDMI out to the TV. HDMI carries the sound from the DVDR to the pioneer and on to the TV. This will allow you the choice to either listen to the sound through either the TV speakers or the pioneer. You will have to hook up the sound from your TV back to your pioneer when using the TV as a tuner if you want the use of the Pioneer's speakers.

For the cable from the antenna, hook it up to the DVDR and then from the DVDR to the TV. This will allow the TV to also be a tuner, but you will not be able to view the DVDR this way. You can only do that through the HDMI cable. You do not have to split the cable, just have to route it through the DVDR and on to the TV.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts