AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Accept my apologies if this is in the wrong sub-forum, but i'm having real trouble getting an answer for this.. I can't seem to find any answers on Google and from who i've spoken to nobody can help me!

So, the set up in question is my works theatre. We have a Kramer VP437xl running into a ProjectionDesign projector. We've recently just purchased a Xbox 360 so we can have gaming on the cinema screen. Currently i have the HDMI running into the Vp437 and the quality is beaaaauutiful

However, it's the audio i'm needing help with. The 360 has 2 outputs, the analogue stereo, or toslink digital. Currently we have an SPL surround controller running to 5x Dynaudio BM15A's. The inputs on the SPL are either 1/4" Jacks or RCA. So, logically thinking to get 5.1, i'd need to run the Toslink out into ?????? which then runs 6 individual jacks/RCA's out which i can run through the SPL.

Is this doable? Can anyone help me out with what i need? Really struggling with this one!

Many thanks for any suggestions,

Tif

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I think you're in trouble for many reasons. First, the only devices available (besides a receiver) that will convert digital S/P-DIF (either coax or toslink) to analog do it to 2-channel.

Secondly, I don't believe the HDMI connector for the XBOX provides concurent digital audio output. This one, however, I could be wrong about.

If I am wrong on the second point, the best luck you'll have is buying a low end receiver with RCA pre-outputs (or a 5.1 analog record, which may be impossible to find) and setting it to a single input at unity gain and feeding the surround controller with that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts