AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new Sammy HD receiver hooked up a few minutes ago, but without a DVI input on my tv, and no component cable with the receiver, my only other option is to take my component cable from my dvd player and swap it with the STB. I am a self confessed moron when it comes to hooking up electronics and I'm wondering if anyone can lend a hand hooking this up to a tivo. It has no component inputs, so what are my options if any? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
run an s-video cable from the STB -> tivo -> tv. Run the component cables from the STB directly to the TV. Do you have cable? how were you receiving you tv programs before the sammy STB?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, should have been more specific about that. I just upgraded from the old Hughes Directv SD receiver and got the $99 deal from them for existing customers. Of course the old receiver didn't have component outputs on it, so I'm just trying for a temporary fix until I can get another component cable. I do have a Yamaha receiver that I'm running for surround also. I just want to verify I'm getting the HD channels and begin setting up the Sammy before doing anything else. Thanks for the reply btw.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any more suggestions from anyone?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.