AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hooking up a HDTV and a DVD to my audio system. I am connecting audio on HD Box to the video side of my 2 channel NAD amp. I am using a 42" LG LCD.

The instructions state that an HDMI hookup is all you need for audio and video. The back of my HD Box has no HDMI, instead has VCI. It states when using VCI to HDMI you will need a audio cable. This cable is a 3.5 jack to R & L RCA's. However, it is working with perfect audio with just the HDMI to VCI cable and no audio cable at all.

I have my DVD hooked up with an s-video cord to TV and audio cables to audio section of TV as instructions state. Audio then jumps from HD box to DVD player. However I unpluged audio from dvd to tv and it works just fine.

So, all I got hooked up to TV is an HDMI and S-Video, no audio hookup whatsoever. Well obviously there is audio going through HDMI, but not suppose to be because of the VCI changeover. Sounds great, everything working! Why am I here? Because this is not by instruction, both audio cables to TV were useless. I guess I am a little worried that I may fry something.

Has anyone here ever heard of getting an audio signal through an HDMI to VCI changeover? And to get that same signal over HDMI with just an S-video to DVD? Does it sound right or am I going to fry something?

Thank You

Derek

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
No way I could follow all that, but if it’s working then there’s no concern about “frying” anything. The only issue might be whether or not you’re getting 5.1 Dolby Digital, but since you’re using two-channel there’s not even anything to worry about there.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.