AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Hoontech SD DB III card was designed for the SB Live cards, but will the Hoontech also work with an Audigy card? Has anyone tried it yet?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Or an even stupider question, can you connect the mini-digital output from the Audigity card to the coax digital input on the reciever, or is the voltage wrong? Soundblaster documentation and on-line info absolutely SUCKS!

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this too simple of a question?

·
Registered
653 Posts
I have read on this forum that the voltage is incorrect off the card but if you get the line drive add-on box, the voltage is correct. The Audigy is compatible with my Hoontech DB-1 adapter, I suspect it should work with the DB-3 as well.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Pham. I haven't bought the Hoontech card yet, so the DB-1 may be the better way to go.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky
most recievers dont seem to mind, i have my digital out from my sblive going right into my oknyo 484
Cool. Does radio shack carry such cables? I may try this first before the Hoontech. What is it, just a mini-RCA cable?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Radio Shack and probably even Best Buy or Circuit City would carry it. It's just a mono female mini-to-RCA adapter. By the way, I wouldn't recommend the Audigy at this point because I haven't heard of anyone (including myself) getting DTS output to work yet.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
No DTS on Audigy as far as I can tell. I measured the output of the audigy and read 1.5V. I am not sure of the SPDIF spec but I believe it should be .5V. I have the hoontech on order and will post results.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.