AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As always, TIA...

I really (REALLY) like the picture on the 8500 (only seen the 46") - totally blew me away. There was one set up for a slideshow of famous paintings and I could not believe what I saw. It was at a big box store, so I know the PQ wasn't tweaked. I've got a 50" - so I'm not going down in size, the 55" is for me.

Just wanted to know if it's worth waiting on the UN55C7000 55" - Samsungs yet to be released 3D LED Panel? Only a couple hundred more so "in for a penny in for a pound - so they say). I wonder if the 2D regular picture will be as good on the new one?

Any pros/cons much appreciated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One other question, if I may...

Any horror stories on having a large TV shipped to you? I've always bought my TVs at a store, but seeing how much cheaper it is online, I think I'll go that way.

TIA

·
Registered
8,496 Posts
IMHO, the new model is a step backwards in that it is side-lit and not back-lit. The 8500 seems to be a proven entity. If the new model is back-lit, please correct me.

These TVs are shipped from China and Korea, so shipping from a warehouse is generally a safe thing to do. Are there exceptions, yes, but a lot of people are buying internet direct without incident.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wanted to wait for the 3D tech also but the new lower end 3D tv's do not have the picture quality of the 8500. I purchased my 46b8500 online last tues and received it 3 days later with free shipping! I had a good experience buying it online but I can understand why you would be unsure. I would go ahead and buy a top of the line TV (8500) now and let the 3D tech catch up.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyboy /forum/post/18190951

IMHO, the new model is a step backwards in that it is side-lit and not back-lit. The 8500 seems to be a proven entity. If the new model is back-lit, please correct me.

These TVs are shipped from China and Korea, so shipping from a warehouse is generally a safe thing to do. Are there exceptions, yes, but a lot of people are buying internet direct without incident.

My dad bought a 46" Sony from Abe's of Maine (actually located in NYC
) and it made it to CA with no problems. BTW, I think Samsung's big sets are assembled in Mexico, will check later today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts