AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i used to have a panny ae100 and now have an L300u...

i really love these units, but the ae100 had too much screendoor, hence the upgrade to the L300U.

i really love the L300U, but one thing about it bugs the heck outta me...the FPN/VB. it has now started to bother me each and every movie. so much so that it is distracting from the total experience.

i'm thinking to upgrade to one of the newer D5 units as soon as i get a chance to check them out; but my concern is they too will be plagued with the same problem.

what is it with the epson panels anyway?? from what i've read, the sony hs51 doesn't have a problem with FPN/VB...why can't epson do the same??

why do we tolerate such a problem anyway? isn't this a design flaw?

anyway, i'm really hoping the new panels don't have this problem!

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Any my 5 year old Sony vpl-vw10ht doesn't have problems with FPN or VB. I also wonder what is up with the epson based projectors. I think they are cutting corners somewhere to keep prices down, hence the reason the sony hs51 is more expensive.

·
Registered
23,188 Posts
The Sonys have always looked better to me in this department and I'm also hoping this issue gets addressed on the others. I'm planning on finding out if the Panasonic folks will show me full screen blue, green, and white images on the AE900 at CEDIA.

--Darin

·
Registered
23,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Li On
Darin, if you can grab the remote you can check R/G/B/W/B patterns in the service mode!
I was planning on asking them to do that if they don't have a DVD player where I could just hand them a test disk, but you are right that I could do it myself if noboby from Panasonic is there or they don't know how to get in there. Do you know the sequence for getting in the service mode? On my Japanese AE500 I seem to recall that I just had to hold down a button while I was at a specific spot in the regular menu.

--Darin

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I didn't see any FPN or VB on the Sanyo Z3 that I saw (same D4 Epson panels as the AE700). I suspect the problem has more to do with the electronics processing, rather that a fault with the panels. Also, my L300 does not show either.

A lot also depends on the source material and possibly also deterioration in the cabling (corrosion of solder joints, etc.).

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Normally it should be the first item in the Option menu. Hold down the 'enter' key for a few seconds and it should change to service menu mode.

regards,

Li On

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.