AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Software version 3.3 and above add hor linearity to the electronic controls. Does anyone know how you make this adjustment for previous software versions, like 3.1? Was it manual?

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Sir

It is available in green convergence but it is fiendishly hard to do; I advise you to chip up to v3.3 or v3.4, you may need new I/O and DPB chips also, e.mail me if interested.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Thanks Tim for the reply last evening.

I agree with hard to do. I was the one at Johns setting up his 9500 and after three setups trying to use G, Convergence controls to get the linearity correct, and the subsequent drift that would show up, I gave up.

Johns overall lin. is and only about 3/4" from one end to the other so we decided to leave it as is and go for the rest of the geometry. Hard to believe that the 9500's didn't have a horiz. lin. control in some releases.

Other than that, a very nice picture on DVD and HD. John is a digital convert and I doubt he will go back anytime soon.

Terry

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The job Terry did was first rate and the picture is incredible! Not going back to digital anytime soon, expecially not after having Terry work for 11 hours getting this thing as perfect as can be. A true professional, when he encountered a problem he worked to try and correct and am very pleased with the results. I don't think the majority of CRT users are getting the full quality out of their investment until they have a pro like Terry set it up.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
John,

Email me you address

Terry

·
Banned
959 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Wireless
I don't think the majority of CRT users are getting the full qulaity out of their investment until they have a pro like Terry set it up.
truer words were never spoken on this forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.