AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any idea what the problem may be here? If you look at this screen shot you can see some faint lines in the flesh tones. The lines do not go all the way across. It's more obvious on the screen than in the picture and is most noticeable on solids, like animation. If you look into the tubes the red has the most noticeable followed by blue. The green is perfect. Have I exceeded the convergence circuits or something? I've done a number of hard resets but after I get it all converged again the problem is there.

The Pj is an ECP4000 running 540x960 at 72Hz on a 90" wide 16:9 screen. I had to squish the raster down to get it to fit. It's about 135" from the screen....

p.s I tried increasing the vertical size again but the problem remains.
http://www.angelfire.com/trek/rsturbo/tarzan.jpg

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I've narrowed this down to a convergence problem. I can do a hard reset, do toe in etc and not see in any lines in the raster. Of course, the convergence is out at this point. When I do the center convergence for Red and Blue it's ok also. It's only when I start to do the point convergence that the problem shows up. I've swapped out all of the boards except the processor card and even changed the neck board with no change.

When I do mechanical alignment the red is only off a little but the blue is quite a bit higher and I need to use the convergence to get the blue to align. Is there anything I can do to get a better alignment prior to using convergence? What is the function of the three coil sections on each tube? I know the front section tilts the entire image but what about the center and rear? Are they supposed to rotate as a unit or are they adjustable individually?

The image is really quite good and with the recent flare and stig adjustemnts it's better than ever. This problem is annoying because we watch quite a few animated movies and it's much more obvious in them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.