AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two noticable problems. Well, three, but I think I know how to solve the third.

1) There are these faint, horizontal lines whenever there is a lot of grey or black. I assume this has to do with brightness or contrast, but I'm not sure.

2) Blacks sometimes seem to be sepia-colored. But not all the time... for instance, the logo sequences at the beginning of 007: Everything or Nothing -- the screens showing copyright info and such has a sepia tint to it, but the following loading screen is black. Hard to explain that one. The color temp is set to cool, and the tint to balanced, so, I guess it's another brightness/contrast...

3. A faint yellow line on the left side of the screen when it shows an all-white screen. I think I could fix this with convergance, but again, not sure.

The TV is a Panasonic rear-projection 47X54. I have a Samsung HD850 plugged in with HDMI, GameCube with component cables, and Xbox with component cables. The problem encompasses all three.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Your red gun sounds like it is being overdriven, giving you red-tinted blacks.. even retrace lines! you can fix this in the service menu, or you can be adventurous and open up your set and turn-down the "screen" control for the red (not the best way to do it, affects greyscale) but if the set isn't in warranty then you have no choice. that is my best guess without seeing the problem. I always recomend calling a service center, if you screw up your tv then it's "'oops!" if they do it, then they usually make sure you don't overpay (at least i did once or twice).

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.