AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone here using an electronic horizontal squeeze on their system to avoid having to buy or build a sled for moving the Panamorph lens? Is there a noticeable degradation of image quality when using the horizontal squeeze?

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
Once you see the clarity of the image with the lens in place, HS'ing the image is no different in PQ, just that it won't use the full width. The active area of image (per square inch) will be the same in the HS'ed mode as the VS'ed mode.

The real advantage to this method over removing the lens is one calibration setting, not three (2.37, 1.78, 1.33) like I have...

Mark

·
Registered
484 Posts
I'm running an Optoma HD-73 w/ UH380 fixed in place. I don't notice any degradation with movies or HDTV sports, etc with the horizontal squeeze. This isn't to say there's not actual resolution loss (which a frequency or vertical bar test image might reveal), but in day to day use, this is not something to be concerned about.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.