AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried using both Nero and Pegasus software to create Bluray discs from HD content. Both of these packages added a single horizontal white line at the bottom of the picture. When I view the HD content with other software (VLC in this case) there is definitely no white line?

Where does this white line come from? Is it really just overscan?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Someone noticed that my HD files are actually 1920x1088 instead of 1920x1080.

This raises two interesting questions:

1) How would files recorded with a MyHD card or a DVHS deck end up with this special size?

2) What programs are available to easily slice 8 pixels off the bottom of every frame of video in a file?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did some more searching and determined that this is a common problem. MPEG-2 file resolutions need to be evenly divisible by 16. This means they must by 1920x1088. Apparently the extra pixels are ignored by most software and typically this "extra" space is unused.

It would be nice if the playback software I was using handled this issue. I guess I will end up looking for an easy way to crop the frames.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.