AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a BW FPM5 as a center channel mounted above my plasma. I'd like to angle it down toward the listening area. Has anyone had a need to do this or know how?

The BW manual recommends using Omnimount 20.0 speaker mounts if you want to angle mount an FPM, but it only shows a vertical application. There are two sets of threaded inserts on the back of the FPMs, and they are in perpendicular placements. I am wondering if I could attach two Omnimount brackets and achieve what I want to do.

Anyone done this or know if I'm heading down the right path? Was looking for some opinions before I go buy the mounts.

Thanks!

·
Registered
16,876 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonavs /forum/post/14278921

I'd like to angle it down toward the listening area. Has anyone had a need to do this or know how?

Angling the center speaker toward the plane of your ears, whether it be upward (if the speaker is located low) or downward (if the speaker is located high), is definitely preferred when possible. Everyone whose center speaker is located lower or higher than their ears should do this. I do not know the specifics of your particular speaker or the mounts you reference, but angling the speaker should simply be a matter of doing just that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply sivadselim. I definitely want to angle it, but just need to figure out how.

If anyone owns the B&W FPM series and has a done a horizontal mount at an angle I'd appreciate knowing how you did it. I bought two Omnimount 10.0 brackets hoping I could use both sets of holes on my FPM5, but it didn't work out. Seems that B&W may not have considered this.

It seems like I may need to go down the path of making my own bracket. Was hoping to avoid that though. ;-)

·
Registered
16,876 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonavs /forum/post/14375273

I definitely want to angle it, but just need to figure out how.

Certainly you can figure out a way to do it. Think outside the box.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts