AVS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sheesh, just get a 5.25" based 2 way surround system and 4 10" subs and experience aural perfection.

Link

I'm glad I read this though.

In the 70's when the cool kids spoke of my 'honkiness', I thought it was because I was white and conservative.

·
Registered
21,339 Posts
that is hilarious.

it's like he thinks it is 1986 and nobody knows anything.

thank god for the interwebs.

my favorite part was that the jbl synthesis (the big one) had a volume capability of 3 on a 10 point scale, while the bookshelf sized other guy got a ten.

i was going to make a comment about it being an april fool's joke, but i see that was the first response in the thread!

---

i think he has the upgraded 12" subs, as if it matters, btw.

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxedocivic  /t/1419068/horns-suck/0_100#post_22196951

Why 4 10" when you only need 1?
Every time I tried to type in a smartarse answer, I swear I saw Endora appear and slide several 'demerits' along the bar.

·
Banned
15,491 Posts
One more reason to question his claimed level of expertise.

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice  /t/1419068/horns-suck/0_100#post_22197016

his claimed level of expertise.
Fremer wannabe?

·
Registered
881 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1  /t/1419068/horns-suck#post_22197115

The difference is the 41 page PDF with all the ridiculous claims. Most on AVS simply state their likes/dislikes using basic reasoning, with only minor arguments resulting.

Yeah but you have plenty of people arguing over "synergy" between all their cd players and amps in threads like the dynaudio one. On most other audio forums he'd fit in just fine really, i see people with the same level of "knowledge" as him post a LOT

·
Registered
263 Posts
I don't know much, but anyone who claims an unbiased opinion understands neither human anatomy nor psychology and deserves all of the flack they receive for their unbiased opinion. Or, at least that's my opinion.

I'm glad the popcorn came out.

·
Registered
19,671 Posts
Well the title says direct comparison and that alone is not true, so how can the rest be true? It can't. I guess being interested in this hobby since we were kids makes us experts, like playing the piano. I told him I have auditioned 100's of systems in showrooms in less time, I guess I am the expert. Heck, I have owned more systems than 12 in my single room within 5 years! I love the patting his own back, it is like a woman telling everyone how pretty she is. After a few times, nobody thinks so!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
So the reviewer didn't setup each system in a single test room?

If he went to various dealers to listen, the whole test is voided because I've yet to hear a system at a store that sounded even vaguely good (including stuff like the JBL synthesis 1,2, and 3).

Dealers don't use any acoustic treatments, they don't know anything about room acoustics or proper setup/placement. Before the a/v units had auto-setup few dealers even used an SPL meter to balance the speaker levels.

I skimmed the PDF and it is just loaded with red flags. Not worth the bytes it was printed on.

·
Banned
15,491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse S  /t/1419068/horns-suck#post_22197890

I skimmed the PDF and it is just loaded with red flags. Not worth the bytes it was printed on.
Nor are his endless posts. If brevity is the soul of wit he's one extremely witless individual.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts