AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know many of you were able to purchase a t.v. from Keith in the Boca Raton store with no problems. Well they completely screwed me. I ordered a T.V. from Keith 9 weeks ago. I ordered it and gave him my CC#. He tells me it will take 6-8 weeks, which was fine with me.

Week 1 - I call to tell him I haven't received an invoice. He tells me he will send it, everything is processed and he is waiting for it come into inventory.

Week 2 - I still haven't received the invoice and he says "its on his desk" and will send it that day.

Week 3 - Still no invoice

Week 4 - I give them the benefit of the doubt and wait.

Week 6 - (After vacation) I call Keith and ask him about my order. he tells me he can't find any record of my transaction. He knows who I was and says he will look. He can't find it and tells me that they can longer give any more deals out. Apparently he never had an invoice and he says that he passed it along to a sales associate to do it. I tell him that they had made the mistake and they need to do something about it. He says "I will take care of it".

Week 7 - Still no call back. I call him and he says his store manager (Bob) can't do anything about it. I ask to speak with him. He says he wants to talk to him again before I talk to him personally and says he will call me.

Week 8 - Still No call back. I ask to talk to the store manager. The store manager (Bob) says that they are unable to give out any more deals, even though Keith lost my information and it was supposed to be a done deal 6 weeks ago. I ask to talk to his District Manager. He says he wants to talk to him first. I tell him I've heard this before and he reassures me that "You can take my word..I am the store manager and I will get this resolved... I will call you next Monday."

Week 9 - Monday comes and goes. I call Tuesday to Keith. He tells me that his manager forgot to call me and says the district manager can't authorize the deal. He says he will call a local store to try to get the price. He calls me back later in the day and leaves a message "Your local store will give you the same deal which I am 95% sure of, I gave him the situation and I'm waiting for his call". I call the local store and says he talked to Keith briefly and was waiting for HIS call. I give him the product# Keith gave me to reference. He sees the price and says that he probably wouldn't be able to do it. Apparently Keith hadn't told him much of anything. My local store calls Keith and calls me back. He says that Keith gave him a bogus sale price for the TV. When he checked it in the computer, it showed the retail price. He says Keith retracted the price he gave and said it was a mistake.

After all of this (9 weeks) not only did I get no TV, I wasn't even given any recourse to take 1 dollar off. The managers made a mistake and then lied repeatedly and gave me the run around for the full 9 weeks. I am so sickened by this whole ordeal I don't know what to do next. I just want everyone to be aware when dealing with this store!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I'll do that! I don't want them to get away with this! Keith and Bob, you better get your resumes out because your both going down for this one! It helps when you have recorded conversations too.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by arkid
Call the corporate hq office and file a complaint with them. They are quite responsive.
I would hate to see that happen. Although I sympathise with the OP's situation, Keith and the Boca CC were kind of going around the system in order to give AVS forum members incredible deals that you could not get anywhere else. This was done at ultimately their own expense since they were slapped down by CC corporate after other stores complained.

Countless AVS members wound up saving a lot of money because of the efforts of Keith and Bob, and I would hate to see them catch even more heat then they already have - all for trying to sneak us some good deals.

- pink

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mr. Pink, I see your point and I wouldn't have had such a problem if they just called me when they said they would, didn't lie everytime I called, and give me the runaround for 9 weeks. They still have a responsibilty to treat their customers with respect. I wish I could say I sympathized with what they have done to themselves.

·
Registered
980 Posts
This is what happens when you dip into the well one too many times. I think we have all learned a valuable lesson here today.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by thiruvil

Week 1 - I call to tell him I haven't received an invoice. He tells me he will send it, everything is processed and he is waiting for it come into inventory.
When I placed my order in FL for a Hitachi (I ended up canceling and getting the Panasonic PT-50LC13 instead), he gave me a sales number. The next day, I walked to my local CC and asked for a re-print of number ###. 30 seconds later I walked out with my receipt.....

Contrary to what many believe, you do not necessarily need copies of receipts on these forums to get these good deals. I had two BB, one CC and one Sears all offer me both the Hitachi and the Panasonic at about the lowest prices I saw mentioned in the various "deal" threads here. I DID NOT NEED A SINGLE COPY OF A RECEIPT EITHER.

Please do not PM me for instructions. Please use common sense. We are dealing with human beings that do not like to be taken advantage of or insulted or put down. (Non of us like it).

Time, a good attitude and rapport goes a long way!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Usually When a manager tells you everything is fine and dandy you don't think that they are going to screw you over.

Also..I don't think anything thinks you absolutely need a receipt. Many don't want to go through the hassle of going to the store and being told they can't give it to you for so and so price. When you have confirmation and a record (receipt) of someone else getting it for a given price, it is much easier to convince them.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I do understand your frustration, believe me. Keiths biggest mistake was being dumb enough to let everyone on here know he was offering those kinds of prices(actually ever giving that price to begin with). It is strictly against CC pricing policy. They could sell the set for several hundred more and still beat most any local retailer regardless of size. Realistically that is all CC is in the business to do. They are not trying to directly compete with the internet or boutiques and they shouldn't.

I feel you are going overboard trying to have the man's job. He still has his job to do as a manager and on top of that was trying to deal with all the calls and orders placed through this web site. I agree in your case he definitely dropped the ball but he did seem to help numerous others here.

My theory:

Don't shop at CC. If Keith were doing his job correctly he could have never offered you the pricing that cause you your problem in the first place.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Keith and Bob have to take responsibility and be accountable as a manager to not lie and deceive their customers. If he called and said sorry I'm unable to get you that price and then give me some type of recourse for his mistake, I would be fine. Even if it was something small, at least show that they did something wrong and they're sorry. I'm not angry I didn't get the deal, just how they handled it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Wow Im sorry to hear what happend, and I fullly understand your anger.

I just wanted to say that Keith and that store would get my vote for store of the year. And I'm sure others who got in on their deal would say the same.

Being that they saved me around $600. I'll stick my neck out and ask if you would concider changing your focus to getting that good price then from getting them fired. Thats what you reaaly wanted in the first place. I know making 100 people really happy does not just justify making one really mad. But should they loose thier job for it? Agin I'm sure if the shoe was one the other foot ......

I hope it works out to your favor in the end

Just my 2 cents

Newmie

·
Registered
264 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mr pink
all for trying to sneak us some good deals.

- pink
you don't think they got some money in their pocket doing this?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Newmie
...getting them fired... But should they loose thier job for it? ...

Newmie
Having worked plenty of retail in my early days, I'd be willing to bet money that no one will lose their job over 1 unhappy customer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My experience was nothing but good. I phoned and got an extremely good price. I received the TV one week before the date Keith had given me for delivery. I appreciate his dealing with me the way he did.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My question is this? Why couldn't 2 store managers and a district manager not offer any recourse to their mistakes. Is this how customer service works at CC? To recap this is what they did: "Sorry Sir, but we lied we put your order in, sorry we lied that we would call you (5 times), sorry we lied that we would take care of it (4 times) and sorry but we can't give you anything for your trouble but please shop again at Circuit City." I'm making sure that their management knows what they've done and correct it from happening to anyone else. I gave them so many chances to fix what was wrong. Hopefully they'll learn next time its not right to lie to their customers just to cover their asses..... That is if their is a next time.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I worked for best buy for 2 years and I gave customers great deals. I completely understand your anger, I have seen customers get pissy for a whole lot less, so even though they are known for giving great deals you should call their upper management. There is no excuse for treating any customer like that. I have forgotten to call a customer back before, but not repetive like that, and definitely not for the reason they did. You might try and see if you can get them to qoute the original price by putting it on their business card (get them to write all the details) and take that to a competitor and see if they will match it, if not screw those guys, call corporate ( CC, BB, Sears, etc employees are expendible, thats why I am getting a college degree and not working there anymore). Good luck with everything.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thiruvil, sorry to hear about your situation. I too felt that I had a sealed deal with CC Florida, when CC corporate pulled the plug. They had my credit card information and were ready to complete the process when corporate intervened, as was their right. However, I realize that I am not owed anything by CC. It is just business. Sure, perhaps the persons in question should have followed up better, but it seems a little strong to use accusatory language such as "lied" and "completely screwed". In the final analysis, you, like me, did not get completely screwed, you just lost an opportunity to perhaps save a few $$. You will undoubtably get that same opportunity in the future, as prices continue to drop. In my case I went into my local CC and calmly explained the situation. They treated me VERY well....

This all reminds me of those words a husband dreads to hear: "Honey, you won't believe how much money I saved today!"

BTW, did you really tape your conversations? Pls be aware that in many states that taping conversations without the consent of both parties is illegal (do a google search on phone conversation taping laws)

·
Registered
105 Posts
I got one of their deals before the crack down. I never got a receipt, never got a call, never got calls back, Keith & Bob were never available. I was told 2 weeks for delivery and I waited ~6. My credit card was charged from day one. I called the 800# and got them to at least give me my order # but I would have to call the store for details. I called several times for status on that order # and they could never give me any status or eta. I even went to my local store and acted like a new customer, no stock anywhere. Went to BB same story.

Ah the bright note!

I then called Nebraska Furniture Mart which opened recently in KC to see if they had any stock (at this point deal be damned, I want a TV). The guy at the 800# says yes we have 7 HLN507w, I asked at what price he said 3600. He asked is that competitive? I said well I have one on order with CC at 3200. He said let me ask and I will call you back. Behold he called back in less than 5 min and said would you like it today? Well YESSSSS!

Got it in hours

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm not accusing them of lieing. That's exactly what they did. How can you misinterpret "Yes Sir, your order IS processed and I have your invoice on my desk that I will send to you today. I am waiting for the TV to come into inventory and I'll call you back to arrange a time for pickup." This is what I call a lie...actually 3 lies.

Also I didn't have to record Keith lieing. He left a message on my cell phone saying that he made arrangements with my local store and they agreed for the same price and he was waiting for a call back from him. In actuality, there was no agreement, he didn't even tell him the price and the local store was waiting for a call back from HIM.

The reality of this was that they got in trouble with corporate and I was a loose end. They fed me a line of bull and hoped that I would just give up to cover their asses. I'm sure they never told the real story to the district manager because they were in trouble already. Yes, I feel bad they got in trouble from corporate for giving out deals to people (I was one of them trying to get one). I don't feel bad for getting them in trouble for their blatant lies to avoid any responsiblity for their mistake.

·
Registered
131 Posts
My experience was positive but things have changed. As someone said, it was a great opportunity for AVS members while it lasted.

I saved $600. Keith told me about the 18 month free financing that I was not aware of, gave me free shipping that I did not ask for, and added the extra charge on to remove my old set -- which I asked for. He did not send a receipt (I did not think to ask for one) and I did not want to call log distance, so I went to the local store and got a duplicate.

He was probably bending the CC rules by matching the price that another local dealer was offering in a highly competitive S. Florida market to people outside the area, but CC was still making a profit. My only regret is not getting the lower price that a few got, but I am so pleased with the set that this does not bother me too much.

However I agree that his recent behavior as described here is not acceptable business practice.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.