AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm thoroughly confused. All I've read is how good the transfer is on this and I also had high hopes since it was an animated movie. Wife and I watched it last night and while it did look good in most parts and excellent in some parts there were some scenes where there was some video noise type stuff appearing especially on fur. Alot of scenes were completely clean and showed nothing like this while alot did have it. It wouldn't be all over the scene but only on certain objects. For example, sometimes the kangaroos skin had it, hortons ears, when the mayor opens door to his house the doorway has it in pats, etc. It looks like grain is the best way to describe it even though I know its not that. There are scenes in Ice Age 2 that have it as well on the fur. I know its not my equipment because wall-E, Ratatouille, cars, Kung Fu Panda, etc. don't have this at all. I'm just stumped at what causes this on animated transfers.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
It is there and I was asking myself the exact same question.

It seems to me that Blue Sky Animation doesn't offer "direct digital" transfers. The clarity and definition is also not even close to being "pixel perfect"/1:1 pixel mapping, which further supports this theory.

As always most/all "professional/public reviewers" didn't recognize/mention it in their reviews.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.