AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was asked to look for a TV to replace a broken one in a condo in the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. I figured I could use just any hot deal I could find online on a 42" display whether it's LCD or Plasma. The thing is they have a specific list of hospitality TV's. What is a hospitality TV and why wouldn't just any 42" TV I can find work with this?

·
Registered
77 Posts
A hospitality TV is specifically designed to work in a hotel and integrate with the hotel's checkout system, has anti-theft and digital rights management features, and a number of other things. If you want an example of some features, you can look at http://www.samsung.com/global/experi...es2009_01.html . You will need to buy one from their list, for sure.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by XrstalLens
A hospitality TV is specifically designed to work in a hotel and integrate with the hotel's checkout system, has anti-theft and digital rights management features, and a number of other things. If you want an example of some features, you can look at http://www.samsung.com/global/experi...es2009_01.html . You will need to buy one from their list, for sure.
Wow, these things are a complete ripoff. Like $900 gets you a 720p 20k ratio 60hz LCD and that's from a shady website. Man what a scam this is. Anybody got a line on some hospitality TV's? Hook a brotha up. I will trade you my 60pk950.

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts
Are you committed to replacing the broken one in that condo? I'm sure they have plenty of money and they're probably used to paying double for stuff like this. Hospitality TVs are expensive and are the same ones they use in Hospitals and the medical profession where cost is no object.

Post the list of brands and model numbers that MGM people gave you.

Why the heck would you be willing to trade your own 60PK950 for a TV for this company?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts