AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are in the market for a DTC 100 Direct TV HDTV reciever check you local best buy. I just got one for $269 open box.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Bah...you guys with the good deals on open box dtc 100's are starting to tick me off http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif

I went to my local BB, and they wanted $470 for an open box unit (and the box looked like it had been beat to hell...no telling what the unit itself looked like). Myabe it's time to take a trip back and see if they are willing to deal.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I got mine this week for 339 but she made me buy a 4 year service contract. The contact might come in handy if I want to upgrade.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i had the same experience, i saw one for 328, the manager was unwilling to deal, claiming the box cost them 500, and they sale it for 550? the box looked like someone stomped the crap out of it, one of them even had bent up connectors in the back.

[This message has been edited by MassaCure (edited 09-15-2001).]

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got mine for $149. It was open-box with no manual, access card, or cables. It did have a remote.

It took a lot of negotiation and I dealt directly with the area supervisor. Don't even talk to the salespeople, they have almost no say in marking an item down.

It was originally marked $399.

My advice: Don't be afraid to ask, you never know how low they can go.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine has a perfectly good access card broken off in it. Both Direct tv and Best buy are giving me new cards. Does anyone know why the screen looks so small on my 4x3 hd set using the rca transcoder? I am betting I need the latest firmware, but I have yet to get a good signal.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I'm a novice at HDTV but I called Bestbuy this guy said they are not carrying RCA any more because you need some sort of converter box.

I though all you need was The projector or TV ready and the receiver?

Is that right.

Thanks Hugo

·
Banned
3,772 Posts
The DTC-100 "only" has RGB HD output, so many HDTVs

(with only YPbPr inputs) do need an RGB -> YPbPr

converter box to work.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Orbillius,

What did you have to do to get the access HD card? i just got mine today for $200. but same story no cables manuels or remote. were can i get this stuff.

thanks

carlos

------------------

"He who dies with the most toys wins". unless its home theater we die broke!!! Let The Games Begin

·
Registered
8 Posts
Access cards can be purchased directly from DirecTV customer service for $39 + tax. However, I had a card transferred from another receiver and it didn't cost anything.

If you need a VGA-to-component converter, Best Buy sells the RCA VHDC300 for $129. However, this converter is available on-line for ~$89 (I got mine from SpectraVox ). It comes with a 2' male-male vga cable and 6' component cable (not good quality though).

The manual is available via download from RCA Website

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Best Buy has one on order for me, and Direct tv is sending me a replacement for the broken card in the unit. I still dont have it up and running. I cant get the dish to get a signal.

·
Registered
36 Posts
circuit city sales normal satelitte boxes for 49.99 and it comes with an hu card, i guess you could buy an rca one, im not sure if the remote will work with the dct 100 but it should, it might not have all the functions but might do ok, i bought a hughes one because it was dolby digital and came with a normail dish for 49.99, only catch is that you have to have service or they want to charge you 200 dollars on your card, but if u have service you should be fine, or you can change the number on your credit card, but thats another story

[This message has been edited by MassaCure (edited 09-16-2001).]

·
Registered
739 Posts
hi thanks for all the answers, i will call direct tv tommorrow and let you'll know how it goes. i was told that the rca universal remote will work fine with the DTC 100. so now all i need to get are the cables. i think i don't need a converter box since my projector is RGB and my scaler is also RGB so it should hook up just fine.

thanks

carlos http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------

"He who dies with the most toys wins". unless its home theater we die broke!!! Let The Games Begin

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.