AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to set up a set of hot keys to change screen resolution w/o any prompting? Everytime I need a new resolution I have to use the Display Properties UI and it's a tedious process and error prone. I have at least three resolutions that need to be switched regularly, one for the regular desktop and two others are HD. Please advise.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hvn4179
Is there a way to set up a set of hot keys to change screen resolution w/o any prompting? Everytime I need a new resolution I have to use the Display Properties UI and it's a tedious process and error prone. I have at least three resolutions that need to be switched regularly, one for the regular desktop and two others are HD. Please advise.
One way is to use Ultramon which gives you great control of your displays (and more).

You did not mention what video card you are using. Some Manufacturers offer free utilities. You might want to check their website.

_______

Axel

·
Registered
850 Posts
Powerstrip allows for hotkey resolution changes quickly too. You can even set specific resolutions per application, or you can just select a key combo.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Depending on your video card, you can usually find this functionality in the drivers. I know ATI and nVidia can manage this.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Well if it helps, the next version of WinDVD Tweaker (few days till I will upload it) will have support for this.

Now instead of just controlling the aspect ratio of the WinDVD screen size, aspect ratio, position etc, you can now specify a resolution for the different formats, 4:3, Widescreen etc. It will change resolution to whatever value you have set and there is also an option for a resolution to fall back to when WinDVD is closed.

These settings are all accessable from shortcuts, F2 = 4:3 etc (but any resolution can be set, 4:3 resolution or not).

Then the tweaker will adjust the size of the WinDVD Window depending on what resolution you are at etc.

Maybe its not what you are looking for but if you decide to use WinDVD and not Zoom Player, know WinDVD Tweaker.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thx everyone for the help. Especially to 90c4 who pointed me in the right direction. The PS hotkeys mgr is quite powerfull and very easy to use. Not bad at all for a $30 application.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.