AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Good question Russ...I never heard anything from any moderators about it either. Maybe they closed it back when they were trying the one big thread for each projector.

-Dave

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It just seemed like a really useful resource. I was going to bump it since it wasn't a sticky, but no luck :(

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
It was unstuck because Kevad (who started it) wasn't keeping it updated as promised. I didn't close it, but without going back through and reading it I'm not sure if it should be open or not..

Russ, you've effectively bumped it by linking it in this post.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Steve13,

I don't understand. I had been updating the list every 2 or 3 days, or whenever new information came in. (If you can look at the edit history somehow, I'm sure you'll see that)

I don't think any of the info there was incorrect, or outdated. One day, it just became unsticky and I wasn't able to edit or post to it....

What should I have done differently??

-Dave

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Kevad,

Good work - I sent the link to a lot of people who are new to the game.

Most of the closed threads that I have seen - the "closer" pops in at the last post with a comment to say why. Go figure on this one - it's a great reference.

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
Kevad, make a new one and we can add the X1 and some of the older "reference" projectors like the Panny 75u, Piano and the LT150 as comparison too.

Plus I the Z90 is new and a potentially hot projector as its the cheapest of the 5x DLP machines. Its certainly a projector to consider if you're looking at a Piano.

Regards,

Nigel

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Kevad, it wasn't being kept current. We agreed that you would maintain the first message in the thread and that if it got out of date we'd unstick it. I unstuck the thread last month because more than a week had gone by with people making suggestions and no edits to the first message. Also, that was the week that we started the consolidated threads experiment, which (had it been continued) would have made your hot specs thread somewhat redundant, which also contributed to the decision to unstick the thread.

We can reopen the thread and stick it back at the top, but only if you promise to not let messages queue up for more than a day or two--with a prominent position at the top of the forum comes high visibility and increased responsibility. If the messages start piling up again without updates we'll have to unstick it and let it stay at the top on its own. Let Steve or me know what you decide.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
One bit of clarification: I unstuck the thread, but Alan actually closed it when we started the consolidated threads experiment. I was not aware that it had been closed until I saw Russ Schultz's thread.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Got it, Kevad. Steve, Alan and I are PM-ing each other on this and a couple of other issues and will let you know what the outcome is. Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.