AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Help!!!  Can you assist me with developing clean vibrant bass? I have Reaction Audio 12 inch Turbo subwoofers in a 4th bedroom that I use as my listening room.  The subwoofers have amazing potential and I will review them on their thread.  Crossover is set on my receiver at 80.  The subwoofer volume is set 1/3 to half way up and phase is set at 0. The subwoofers are up on yoga blocks about a foot out on opposite walls.  Is it better to stack them in the corner? There are two windows with blinds closed.  The only furniture in there is a sofa and recliner. I'm new at this so any recommendations on setting calibration, phase, gain and all that would be appreciated from all you experts out there. I love this forum.

David  

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
You posted the same thing. Gain and other are levels and phase from other people are meaningless for your setup.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you explain what phase means? And what do I set the two subwoofers at, phase 0? What do you mean by phase by others are meaningless? I'm new and not trying to be repetitive. Any help is great. Really.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Can you snap some pictures of your setup in your room? This would probably make it easier for folks to chime in on possible improvements.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Yep the more info you can provide us the better we can help you. Also from your other thread your AVR is lacking IMO. If you can I would try to pick up a 7.2 receiver with some form of Audyssey preferably Mult EQ or better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts