AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://funk.eu/hrc/

Found a pretty cool tool tonight. By running that program you can set a Harmony button to switch resolutions in WMC (or any program for that matter). I used Alt1 for 60hz and Alt2 for 24hz.

I've only played with it a bit so far but it has potential. Just 2 bugs I need to iron out:
-running it seems to have disabled my skip buttons. I will try some different shortcut combos
-you have to press your desired resolution hotkey twice. it will momentarily flip to the one you pressed, but then flip back. Pressing it a second time seems to make it stick. Same with switching back. Could this be an edid negotiating problem?

If I can solve for those two things out I think this will make a much better solution than an external player.

Any other users?

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
You can do this natively in CCC, not sure about Nvidia's panel but I'd have thought they'd have something similar? Intel too. Not the Harmony remote part but just setting it to Alt+whatever. If you can have your Harmony send those commands (the Alt commands) then it should work without the need for any 3rd party utils/tools.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I do have an AMD APU. Do I need to enable something in CCC? I tried disabling that program and hitting the button, but it didnt work.

edit: I figured it out. This works way better. Thank you very much

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
You just use the presets section in CCC and assign a hotkey. Looks like you figured it out though--good stuff :) The ATi hotkey poller ("external events") is always running in the background anyway (unless you specifically disable it using regedit, msconfig, services.msc, etc.) so yeah might as well using that instead of loading another app/util.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts