AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
should there be *any* time on for a brand new, just out of the box S1? I didn't check the hours immediately; checked 2 1/2 days after unboxing and the hours seem roughly 5 to 10 over what I used. Is this done at the factory or was this a return?

appreciate any input.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just curious - Once in the Service Menu, what keys did you press to navigatae to the 'AGING' menu. I bought a new S1 model and Iam unable to look in the number of hours used so far. The up and the down arrows don't seem to work for me.

·
Premium Member
18,327 Posts
The hour meter should be at zero out of the box.

·
Registered
21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neversummer

Hi BruZZi,

I bought a Panasonic TC-P58V10 yesterday and put about 8 hours viewing time on it. I checked the hours used this morning and it says 22:30. Does Panny test their plasmas for about 14 hours? This wasn't a floor model, everything was packaged & sealed in box and there's wrong with the plasma that I can see, just wondering where those extra 10 hours came from.

Yep, there are a lot of QC testing that need to be performed, some of which can take hours.

Forum member BruZZi responded above when I asked the same question a few months ago on another forum. My 58V10 August build had around 14 hours of use out of the box.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.