AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just moved into a house we built. The house was wired thoroughly... now I want to equip it.

Goals:

1. Whole house audio in 12 zones ( we aren't music buffs, we just want background music playing)

2. Whole house video in 6-10 rooms

3. Intercom system with camera at front door (but door system only has cat5 running to it)

4. Security Cameras that play on TV and wall displays (roughly 6-12 cameras, we already have cameras and DVR, but could switch gears)

5. Control light, HVAC, alarm eventually

i have been looking at many options and having a tough time deciding. I want to ease into this system and don't want to spend money 2x buying the wrong pieces now. I really just want whole house audio at the moment, but within 1-12 months I want to add video distribution, intercom, etc.

I was looking at Audio Authority, Crestron or Nuvo. Also noticed Elan and Control4 just last night. It doesn't seem that Nuvo would work long term though not having the ability to play video in the LCD. I liked the Audio authority because it already has the female Cat5 connection, but it doesn't have controls... so i have to buy another control (and can't figure out which to buy). I was also looking at Crestron prodigy but it seems a little limiting with larger homes.

Super confused, any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Hire an AV consultant? Talk to a local Control4 dealer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts