AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My situation is very similar to Airmax's ( http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1291814 ) with the exception that I wasn't planning on getting a new set. Came home to find a kicked in door and a empty spot where my beloved used to be.

I went to Best Buy and noticed the Panasonic TC-P50S2 for $899 and Samsung PN50C550G1F for $799. My previous set was a Panasonic TH-50PX75U. It was 720p and I dearly loved it. My immediate thought was to back with Panasonic because of my previous experience. But many on here say to stay clear of the TC-P50S2 and go for the Panasonic TC-P50G20. I didn't see that one at Best Buy. Whats the difference in the S2 and the G20?

If I can find/afford the G20, then it sounds like the Samsung PN50C550G1F is the way to go. Do I have that right?

Note - I do not have room to go bigger than 50" and my budget is $1000 or less as this was an very unplanned expense. Thanks as always.

·
Registered
582 Posts
First off. Sorry about that. That is terrible someone robbed you. Here is the info I've gathered through searching a lot. S2 has been labeled grainy many times. It has one extra piece of glass compared to the G20. The AR Filter isn't as good. The blacks are slightly less. No Viera Cast which I've really come to appreciate now I have the G25 with speakers. THX Mode is supposed to be more accurate than Cinema Mode. I think you will really like the G25/G20 if you can afford it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
From what I've read this year, I'll offer Lg 50pk550 as an alternative to the panny and sammy. May have to visit Sears though, as for whatever reason, BB doesn't carry that model.

I own a 50g10 and was ecstatic with it for about 9 months. Now just "happy" with it. Still purty darn good in daylight, though.

·
Registered
576 Posts

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
And since he wasn't, the shotgun would be quite a useful idea. :\\

Anyway, sorry about your bad news around the holiday. The advice above is good. Best of luck

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sorry to hear of your burglary. I've had that happen to me in the past & it SUCKS. It's such a feeling of violation.

Anyway, I think you'll like the G20/G25 - the PQ is excellent. Too bad you don't have room for a little bigger TV, since the 54G20 deal at Costco is a steal (oh, sorry...bad choice of words!)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbmia /forum/post/0

Too bad you don't have room for a little bigger TV, since the 54G20 deal at Costco is a steal (oh, sorry...bad choice of words!)

Well played. Horrible but well played.

Judged picked up the G20 from best buy. $1099 - $119 store credit. Now headed to Depot to buy a new door.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts