AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone notice an audio sync problem with Ch 13? I picked up an open box Zenith OTA receiver, and the wife noticed an audio sync problem on the first show we watched.

During tonight's President's speech, Ch 13 was apparently the only one having audio problems. Is this a (known?) Ch 13 issue, or maybe an antenna issue? I just plugged it into an existing roof antenna, that looks to be semi-pointing in the right direction. I didn't replace any of the cabling, so thats probably rather old RG59....I'm using component video, and the analog outs for audio....

But why only Ch 13? Not that I normally watch much on ABC...but I was looking forward to see what Bugs Life looks like this Saturday.

Pix is WAY cool, btw.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I have not watched 13 since the weekend so I haven't noticed any problems , BUT -----ever since 13 has turned on their first sub- channel --13-2 - there has been sync problems from time to time. I noticed that 13 has added a second sub-channel now --(weather radar) on 13-3 now. This may be the reason. It is not your antenna or your new box. If you see it again, call the engineering dept at 13. If enough people complain, the problem will be fixed. It is very frustrating.

Bill

·
Registered
544 Posts
I noticed it as well...it's not your antenna...it's the station.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I noticed a large audio sync problem last night on Channel 13.

Fox on channel 26 the sync was just barely off...

What's going on here? :confused:

Matt

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi,

I want to go with antenna and OTA box for HD channels. I live in sugar land area.

Could you please suggest the best antenna for my area preferably to be setup in attic?

Any body have experience with DISHNET HD receiver. I am looking into that option so that I can setup antenna for local HD channels and others thro DISHNET service.

Thanks!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have noticed the same problem; however, I am in Cleveland, about 60 miles NE; with my 60' antennae, I pick up most channels very well; but I can't seem to get channel 8 HD at all; ne1 having this problem? it appears that the pbs transmitter is in the same location as most of the others, but I can't pull it in at all; and I just discovered that my rotor is dead, so I can't move it around; to top it all off, I can't find ne1 in this area that will work on a tall antennae tower!! oh well!

·
Registered
704 Posts
PBS is so low power that I expect you couldn't get a good signal 3 miles from it. ABC on the other hand has to fix their lip sync problem. Anyone know an email address to the engineers at channel 13 ???

·
Registered
778 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kdev
Hi,

I want to go with antenna and OTA box for HD channels. I live in sugar land area.

Could you please suggest the best antenna for my area preferably to be setup in attic?

Any body have experience with DISHNET HD receiver. I am looking into that option so that I can setup antenna for local HD channels and others thro DISHNET service.

Thanks!

I think most of the transmitter towers are near Sugarland, so you shouldn't have a problem getting reception. Check out www.antennaweb.org to see what kind of antenna you need, and which way to aim it.

I'm in Pearland, and I picked up a Channel Master 3016 from Lowe's for $35, stuck it in the attic, and I pick up all the stations, no problem. All of the digital stations are UHF, except for PBS, so I think you could get away with a UHF-only antenna, like the Zenith Silver Sensor.

Matt

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a Terk 55 and am getting great HD reception on all channels in Houston except 51. My SIR-T160 didn't locate any signal at all for 51.

Is this just an antenna adjustment issue or do I need to consider another antenna? Suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
778 Posts
Your welcome, kdev!

Chris, what is channel 51? I'll have to check to see if I have it... I haven't heard any good reviews for the Terk 55, but if you get the rest of the channels, I would think you could get that one, as the towers are all basically in the same area. Maybe try tweaking the orientation of the antenna, or put it up in the attic.

Okay, back to the real subject, ABC has to fix their audio sync !!! :p

Matt

·
Registered
778 Posts
Okay, the problem is still here during Armageddon.

I sent them a message from here - http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/aboutus/

BTW, I do get channel 51, but it's pretty low on my signal strength meter, about 37-39.

Matt

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for posting the URL, I just sent a message to fix the problem too. I havent been watching much HD lately cause I cant stand audio sync problems which I have noticed ALOT on ABC and a little on other stations. An engineer's email address at ABC would be nice to get ahold of too if sending in comments does nothing.

One problem I have not related to ABC,though, is I get poor reception with Fox unless I move my antenna, but all other stations seem to come in fine when pointed in the general direction of the antenna farm ;p. I live in the northwest side of houston and currently using a multidirectional antenna in the attic (DB2 model at antennas direct). Dunno how to fix the problem as Fox is pretty much unwatchable with the constant breakups.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Hmmm, my message was undeliverable (I selected the Digital TV department) -

Quote:
Your message was not delivered to the following recipients:

[email protected] : 550 5.1.1 ... User Unknown

The Walt Disney Company and its affiliates are in the process of an e-Mail system upgrade. The person you intended to send this message to may have had their Internet e-Mail address changed, or it may be unavaible for a short time as part of this process.

If you feel that you have received this non-delivery notice in error, please contact the intended recipient by phone to confirm their address.

(original address: rfc822;[email protected])
Maybe that WWW isn't supposed to be in there?

Yeah Jeff, I was on CBS for a second last night, and they had a small sync problem! What's the deal with digital TV and audio synch?

Matt

·
Registered
778 Posts
Which thread is that, Kabuto? I'm not having any luck finding it...

Matt

·
Registered
778 Posts
Okay, I tried submitting a comment just to the "General" department, and it worked this time. I got a response from their Director of Engineering, and he said he had heard one other complaint, and was investigating to see if the problem is at ABC or the station.

Matt

·
Registered
544 Posts
I noticed the sync problem last night on Channel 13. Has anyone heard anything concrete about this? Should I also complain to the station?

NOTE: I just emailed the General department like you did...we'll wait and see.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.