AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Mits WS, a DISH 6000 receiver and a medium range Winegard antenna. I pick up all of the local digital stations at 75 to 90+ signal strength.

I am having a problem picking up the local ABC affiliate's HDTV programming, however. Whenever I switch the Dish 6000 to HD mode for HDTV programming, the ABC station produces a 16x9 clear picture but with significant horizontal lines that make it look like someone has carved a bunch of horizontal lines on the picture. I do not have this problem on CBS, PBS or NBC HDTV programming (which look great). And I do not have the problem if I watch ABC in SD mode. I did have the problem on a FOX 480p broadcast, but only once.

I spoke to an engineer of the ABC affiliate and he said they passed through all ABC programming that is 720p at 720p without modification and upconverted all non 720p ABC programming to 720p.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? I speculate that it could be one of three things, (1) a problem with my Dish 6000 converting 720p into 1080i for output to the Mits, (2) the ABC affiliate is screwing something up with its transmission of the HDTV signal or (3) the 720p signal has a different modulation/frequency (or other technical antenna problem with the 720p signal) than a 1080i signal and my antenna doesn't get it properly to the receiver for HDTV mode.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.