AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a continuing problem with receiving CBS HDTV programming on my Dish 6000. Whenever I tune to Channel 11-01 (the PSIP channel for real channel 31-01) in the programming guide and CBS is transmitting network programming, after 5 to 10 minutes of viewing, the screen goes blank but the sound continues. If I then go to the programming guide, it shows my current channel as 31-01 (instead of 11-01). I then must change channels and come back to 31-01 where the tuner locks in and I get my picture back. As long as I don't change channels after this maneuver, I am good for the rest of the show.

This problem happens EVERY time I watch network CBS HDTV programming. It NEVER happens on other network HDTV stations like ABC, NBC or PBS. It NEVER happens when I tune in to the loop demo material on channel 11-01.

Does anyone else have any problems with Channel 11-01 and PSIP mapping? If no one else does, then I presume it is a bug in my 6000. But why does no other channel have the problem on my 6000 as CBS-DT. Again, it only happens to CBS national HDTV programming.

Please help.

------------------

"What we have here, is a failure to broadcast HDTV."

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the *EXACT* same problem, using a Dish 6000 the same as you. I have told Blaine Huhn of channel 11 about it, but so far no solution.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I called Blaine again yesterday and he transferred me to "Austin", who he said is the person at KHOU responsible for the PSIP settings. Austin said he'd take a look at it and try to fix it. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bob, it is good to know I am not the only one with the problem. I guess the next question is whether anybody in Houston getting Channel 11-01 on anything other than the Dish 6000 is having this problem? If so, then we definitely need to ring the phones at Channel 11 and let them know there is a continuing problem.

Thanks.

------------------

"What we have here, is a failure to broadcast HDTV."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.