AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. In Houston. I have a pretty basic set up. Denon x3700h. Klipsch RP all around (5.2.4). Two on-1000 pro. May upgrade to two pb -2000 pro. The room is a partially open game room on second floor. Above it is attic so running wires etc is easy. Considering going from Sammy 75” QR80 to projector. Looking at spending 3-5k on projector and screen. Light controlled room but there will Some ambient lights; however have electric roller shades to cover any windows that would allow in light (they r not black out but are solid thick cloth). I have dimmable can Led lights in ceiling. Front wall is perfect for 120”. Seats are currently 9’ from screen but can move
Back a couple feet with zero issues and won’t be against the back wall. 1. Should I just go 85” Sammy for fear of disappointment with projector? 2. Assume I would have to take down ceiling fan? Lastly does anyone know a professional or someone in Houston area to come look, provide plans and do it? I do most things by myself but this is not something I want to mess with. Thanks!!

·
Registered
30,765 Posts
What size and a
Hey all. In Houston. I have a pretty basic set up. Denon x3700h. Klipsch RP all around (5.2.4). Two on-1000 pro. May upgrade to two pb -2000 pro. The room is a partially open game room on second floor. Above it is attic so running wires etc is easy. Considering going from Sammy 75” QR80 to projector. Looking at spending 3-5k on projector and screen. Light controlled room but there will Some ambient lights; however have electric roller shades to cover any windows that would allow in light (they r not black out but are solid thick cloth). I have dimmable can Led lights in ceiling. Front wall is perfect for 120”. Seats are currently 9’ from screen but can move
Back a couple feet with zero issues and won’t be against the back wall. 1. Should I just go 85” Sammy for fear of disappointment with projector? 2. Assume I would have to take down ceiling fan? Lastly does anyone know a professional or someone in Houston area to come look, provide plans and do it? I do most things by myself but this is not something I want to mess with. Thanks!!
What size and aspect ratio screen?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am located just north of 610. Oak Forest 77018. Looking at 120” screen. Seating can be adjusted from 10’ to 12’ with no issues (will still have plenty of room behind seating area). Projector can be mounted where ceiling fan is currently located (10’) or anywhere up to 19’.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have similar room setup with benq lk952 laser projector in league city area. What are your room dimensions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts