AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am quite a ways away from the towers in Mo City, so it was no suprise that NBC usually dropped out 15 to 20 times per hour. I've been trying to find PBS which supposedly has started OTA HD broadcasting and so I did a channel find on my Sony HD100. It didn't find PBS but it did change NBC from 2.X to 35.X. Since that change, reception seems much improved. Did NBC actually change HD stations or did my Sony move it to improve reception? I'm new at this HD stuff, so please be gentle.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
I think your STB just changed the channel#. 35 is the actual channel number for the DTV station, while 2.x is what some STB's will 're-map' it to based on the PSIP info, since channel 2 is the regular OTA channel#.

I'm not sure why that change in your STB would affect signal quality, though.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I believe PBS in Houston is on VHF Ch9 for their DT channel. So make sure you have a VHF/UHF antenna. I heard they were on but someone in HOU may want to fill us in. We do get PBS HD in Dallas now via KERA.

JStigler

·
Registered
224 Posts
PBS is definitely on, I watch it today. Hard channel 9, or remapped to Ch80 in the PSIP.

Merc: where are you located? What kind of antenna do you have?

·
Banned
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Fred: I'm in the North Woodlands, and my STB a Sony HD100 seems to find 80.3 but I never see anything there? In the meantime, I am so happy with what I am seeing...! I am using a Winegard HD-8200 antenna and a Winegard HD-8275 preamplifier. Together, I usually get mid 90s for CBS and ABC and mid 80s for NBC. Fox comes in fine but of course they aint in HD.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Merc,

I am running the same winegard antenna and Sony HD100 and I have no problem getting any of the HD locals - I am gettinmg the following in Baytown - I am 45 miles from the Missouri City location and have to cross lots of water and industry in Pasadena/Deer Park - my Analogs suck but digital is great.

Here is where I find them

2.1 2.2 and 2.3 = Channel 2

11.1 = Channel 11

13.1 = Channel 13

27.1 = Channel 26

80.3 = Channel PBS National - not channel 8 local

CK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.