AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to help my sister with her purchases to start her home theater. I am already set up and have D* as my provider. She has and wants to stay with Time Warner Cable. What equipment is she going to have to ask TWC for her to get HD ?? Are their boxes set up so that you can hook up an antenna for local OTA also or will she need another box to do so ?? What are TWC's rental charges for the HD box per month and what tier is she going to have to subscribe to in order to get HD programming ?? Your help is appreciated.

Bill

·
Registered
62 Posts
She will need the DTC-5100 cable box that TWC will "give" you if you request HDTV. An extra $7.50/month on top of their Digital Basic package gets you the HD local networks plus Discovery HD (channels 301, 308, 309, 311, 312, 313). If you have HBO and Showtime, then you'll also get the HD channels they have available. You don't need an OTA antenna since you're getting all the OTA HD stuff through the cable box.

You can get more info at http://www.twchouston.com

·
Registered
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by drjjr
You don't need an OTA antenna since you're getting all the OTA HD stuff through the cable box.
You will need an OTA antenna as TWC will only give you ABC,NBC,PBS>FOx.and CBS. There are other hdtv channels that are not provided for by TWC. If you wish to watch their hdtv programmimg, you will need an antenna.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.