AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Titantv, KTXH's DTV channel 19 is to start transmitting on November 15. Has anyone heard if TWC Houston will carry this DTV channel on cable? It would be nice to be able to see what Enterprise looks like digitally (upconverted of course).

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
im purely speculating here, but my guess is next summer. TWC has the slowest moving, most incompent staff of any company in America. they are worse than orange vest city worker. you know that guy you see on the side of the road leaning on a shovel watching the guy in the hole. the same guys who have to take a break before working, a preparation for lunch break, actual lunch break, smoke break, in preparation for leaving break, and then leaves 45 minutes early before the work is complete. yeah that guy. TWC employees make that guy look like Santa's elves on Christmas eve. i hope i answered your question.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I am not a TWC subscriber, but at least they are doing HDTV. Most cable companies across the country don't have a clue in this area.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ADebar
TWC has the slowest moving, most incompent staff of any company in America. they are worse than orange vest city worker. you know that guy you see on the side of the road leaning on a shovel watching the guy in the hole. the same guys who have to take a break before working, a preparation for lunch break, actual lunch break, smoke break, in preparation for leaving break, and then leaves 45 minutes early before the work is complete. yeah that guy. TWC employees make that guy look like Santa's elves on Christmas eve. i hope i answered your question.
If you have followed this forum, you may remember that Adebar used to be a TWC subscriber, and was not satisfied with the service and left for dbs. I certainly think that there is room for improvement in TWC service - primarily in the installation phase, but I know there are many subscribers to the AVS forum that are quite happy with the product, especially considering the cost.

I very much appreciate that TWC provides the maximum HD content of any system in the country (9 channels so far).

I would guess that it will be a fairly long time before KTXH digital signal is added to TWC. It took close to a year to get PBS. Maybe by then there will even be some HD on the channel (I'm not holding my breath.) I'm guessing it will be 304 when it gets in, so I'd recommend occasionally going down channel from 308 and see if you get a signal - that's what I did to find PBS.

I don't think that we should lose track of the big picture with regards to TWC - they are providing us with another choice. If you don't like their service, don't buy it. We are lucky to have a choice for delivery of HDTV that a lot of people would love to have.

Sorry I don't have any more specific information regarding your thread question.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.