Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forumners,

Ray Songco and I have been in correpsondence recently about my continuing digital reception difficulties. He mentioned he'd bought a $16.00 whiz-bang UHF antenna, a "Hovermann" type that, as was recommended to him originally, "sucks signal like a black hole" and says his brings in the L.A. digital stations as well as his 8-bow tie screened array did. Apparently Stark Electronics carried it at one time, but no longer does. An email to them ellicited the response that they could not identify it or its source. Has anyone else ever heard of this type of antenna? Does anyone have any information about this beast as far as availability or manufacturer? TIA

·
Registered
420 Posts
Ray

Patrick T. Hickey was the one who clued me in on this wonderful antenna. By his own account he is an antenna graybeard, and following his advice I have had tremendous success pulling in HD signals, especially with the Hovermann. Unfortunately, the item no longer appears on starkelectronic.com.

Patrick, if you're out there I'm sure Ray could also benefit from your genius!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Ray. You don't have an email or snail mail address for Mr. Hickey, do you?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.