AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 536 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
BUMP......

Thanks to all for providing samples, I'm using them for wallpaper, and loving it! Actually I was wondering if you guys do this sort of thing for a living? I never thought about making covers for my (D-VHS) HD movies (GRIN), where do you get the case's with plastic outer covers, (ie; DVD keepcase's er; D-Theater)? OTOH; I guess a web search for this type of product will provide some vendors. None the less keep posting samples, it's all too neat! And finally, a very positive part to this hobby! ;-)

Take care...... watch, record, and mainly enjoy some HDTV of your choice tonight.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Brajesh,

I'd have to draw the line at about 20 minutes per cover, more than that and it takes away too much from my precious movie watching time

Oliver

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Mikey...thanks for the feedback. No, I do not do this sort of thing for a living. It would be fun though...

Anyhoo, yes, just shop around for VHS cases with sleeve. I picked mine up at ebay. I used to go to the video store and ask for some. I would get them free, but most were beat up.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
I'll be happy to host ALL the covers made by you folks on my website, so that anyone can dl them and use them.

Just email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
713 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Stevens
I'll be happy to host ALL the covers made by you folks on my website, so that anyone can dl them and use them.

Just email me at [email protected]

I was hoping someone would say that

I love the work that has been shown here!!

Thanks Matt

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Matt, check your email!

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
For those of you that make your own covers, how large are the files?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Around 2 to 3 megabytes each.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Here is one of my latest covers..."Boogie Nights". This was really a project of love, as I had a decent scan to work with, but the smaller text for the back of the cover needed to be redone, so, I FINALLY located the original font and decided to redo the entire back...removing some elements and adding a few others.

Soon, I hope to have some appropriate webspace to upload my work for others to enjoy and contribute as well.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Very nice layout! I wish I would have put more thought into mine when I made my template, but because I want all of the spines to match, I doubt I will change mine!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Some coverart will soon be available to you for download.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
As I am so excited to finally be able to record Shawshank, I am posting my custom artwork for it. The spine is faithfully recreated using the original font. The back is totally custom.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
anybody have covers for any of the Pixar movies... Toy Story, Toy Story 2, A Bug's Life, or Monsters, Inc since all have aired on ABC?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Did anyone ever get a site up for people to post the covers in full size? I thought that was a good idea.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I was working with one member here to host custom covers, but it may have fallen apart. If someone else has some webspace and a fair amount of HTML coding skills, I would be glad to send my covers.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Nice work, on the Shawshank Redemption.

I switched away from using "silver" in the borders at the top and the bottom, becasue when printed out it just looked a drap gray.

I switched to using gold borders instead.

I normally customize a basic DVD cover scan, but only one or two qucik changes, nothing like the effort you went through.

Kurt

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
"Nice work, on the Shawshank Redemption."

For sure, using it as wallpaper on this box (had RAINMAKER before this), all neat stuff. Too bad the web site did not work out, maybe someone else can pitch in?

Have a great Holiday............

21 - 40 of 536 Posts