AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious how affluent our hobby is. Since by nature polls are anonymous I was curious how income correlates to the value of your HT setup.

Please click all that apply

If people find this offensive, I apologize.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Geez, you're an affluent bunch aren't ya? ;)

I should never have turned away from electro engineering to become a film maker! :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
I think that this poll should have a few more checkboxes for income > $100K. I'd be curious to know how many out there make between $100-$200, and $201-$500 etc.

·
Registered
888 Posts
The results may be anonymous to regular users, but if the owners of the forum wanted to, I'm sure they could put together a list of who picked what.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They could also give out the credit card number from everyone that has ordered from them :eek:

I believe the majority of the people that use this forum just take from AVS Science i.e. bandwidth, server space via messages etc.

I think the caliber of the owners of AVS Science is such that you would not have to worry and besides what harm could come of it even if they did take a look to see who answered what. I'm sure they would not disclose that to anyone.

With any luck the overall results will allow them to offer products in line with the potential spending of the users of their forum.

I guess I could have said If people find this offensive, don't respond instead of "If people find this offensive, I apologize."

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jah-Wren Ryel
The results may be anonymous to regular users, but if the owners of the forum wanted to, I'm sure they could put together a list of who picked what.
Correct, the vB software allows administartors to view who voted in every poll.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
It says Household Income, right? Well, my dad makes over 76% of the money and my mom makes the other 23%, while I am left with a measly 1%. So I have skewed the results because my "household income" is >100k but my HT is

·
Registered
27,195 Posts
Affluent? We've got all types here. I recently read a post of someone wondering if a beverage refridgerator would make a good hushbox????????

Funniest post I've seen in a long time!

Jeff

·
Premium Member
2,564 Posts
sounds like you should conduct a new poll, with higher income brackets.

Hey, I wonder how many million dollar surfers we have on this forum :)

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I adjusted the responses to determine the % on the respective category.

Question Response Percent

Household income Less then $25k 6 3.00%

Household income $25k to $50k 11 5.50%

Household income $50k to $75k 43 21.50%

Household income $75k to 100k 41 20.50%

Household income More then $100k 99 49.50%

Total 200

HT Equipment Value Less then $10k 71 40.34%

HT Equipment Value $10k to $20k 60 34.09%

HT Equipment Value $20k to $50k 28 15.91%

HT Equipment Value More then $50k 17 9.66%

Total 176

·
Registered
25 Posts
You don't have to be affluent, just DINK (Dual income no kids)& focused on one hobby. I make less than 25K, drive an 86 car, & have over 50K (retail)of home-theater equipment (lion's share of $ in the audio side of the equation)If one buys used, demo's, & from unauthorized dealers the saving can be 50% or more. I would suspect the average reader in the forum is as much as a cheapskate as I am & is willing to make the effort to do "champagne living" on a "beer" budget. The people making the big dough don't have the time to study all the content on AVS etc. & are happy to just plunk down the retail cash for a runco & forget about it & enjoy the show(membership has it's privileges). Remember, you're not an addict unless you can't support you're habit!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Man I better complete college soon and get a REAL good job. Stupid universit of washington better let me in to the mechanical engineering department or I'm screwed!

BTW, holy crap you people are rich!

·
Registered
22,260 Posts
Now... with that info tallied, how many of those that make over $100K per year do not have an oustanding balance on their credit card(s)????

The more you make, the more you think you can handle a debt!!

This is my father talking...

·
Premium Member
2,564 Posts
Now... with that info tallied, how many of those that make over $100K per year do not have an oustanding balance on their credit card(s)????

No one in their right mind maintains credit card balances any more. You refinance your mortgage and take out equity, get a second mortgage, max out your home equity line of credit. And, of course, there's all the debt counseling ways to wipe out your credit card debt.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by work permit

No one in their right mind maintains credit card balances any more. You refinance your mortgage and take out equity, get a second mortgage, max out your home equity line of credit. And, of course, there's all the debt counseling ways to wipe out your credit card debt.
I would suggest no one in their right mind does that either.. . I vote for the thoroughly bizarre notion of just never racking up the credit card debt to begin with. That's just me and my own little bit of wackiness though. :D

Tim

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thought I've give this a bump

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by iago
Geez, you're an affluent bunch aren't ya? ;)

I should never have turned away from electro engineering to become a film maker! :)
You make the movies, we'll watch 'em!

Randy

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.