AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 Fry's (B&M only I believe) is having a sale on the Polk R300 - $100/pair. I was wondering if these would be good for my sides with pairing the Polk RTi8 as the fronts. I was planning on getting four RTi8 (two for the front and two for the side) when Fry's has them on sale again for $298/pair but if the R300 works well with the RTi8 (or RTi A5) as the fronts, I can save $200. Your thoughts please.

This system will be used for movies. Please let me know if more information is needed.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
not an exact answer to your question, but I set up my son's HT system using R50's as the L-R fronts and the older version of the speakers you are asking about, R30's as the sides. Worked extremely well. If you room allows it, small towers as surround speakers are a good way to go.

·
Registered
262 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robchow /forum/post/15579576

Fry's (B&M only I believe) is having a sale on the Polk R300 - $100/pair. I was wondering if these would be good for my sides with pairing the Polk RTi8 as the fronts. I was planning on getting four RTi8 (two for the front and two for the side) when Fry's has them on sale again for $298/pair but if the R300 works well with the RTi8 (or RTi A5) as the fronts, I can save $200. Your thoughts please.

This system will be used for movies. Please let me know if more information is needed.

Thanks

My setup is Polk RTi8s for the L and R front, CSi3 for the center, and R300s for the surrounds. It sounds really good to me, but I do want to get wall mounted surrounds soon. The biggest issue I have is getting those speakers up to ear level or above. Currently they are just sitting on the floor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts