AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are the owners of the HT1000 dealing with the issue of the offset between the lens and the top of screen?

I have a 7-9 ceiling height with the top of a 96â€x54†screen at 10†down from the ceiling. There is a 24†high built-in cabinet below the screen, so I can’t lower the screen. I haven’t purchased the projector yet because of the screen issue.

Is anybody tilting the front of the projector up and using keystone correction? What impact on picture quality does the keystone correction have? Or, are you tilting the top of the screen to correct the keystone? If so, how much.

Thanks.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I tilted the projector up, the top of the (fixed) screen out, and still am using a moderate amount of keystone correction. When I get the ceiling mount (backordered) I plan to tilt the screen out more to reduce the keystone correction.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I'm also quite worried about this, i have an HT1000 due to arrive today or tomorrow and i have a similar screen setup. I cannot go higher with the image due to low ceiling. I'm afraid i'll have to ceiling mount or lower the cofee table. Anyway can't wait to put my hand on my brand new HT1000. The Proxima DX3 goes out of business with his poor blacks and solarizations, thanks to the DX3 for the flawless operations during the past two years.

bye

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.