AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a minor issue but it still bugs me. I've noticed that as my PS3 games (and BD movies to a lesser extent) age, the clear plastic over the case's artwork starts to warp into a ripple pattern. It's worst on Resistance seeing as it's my oldest game. I can see the same thing on some DVDs and PS2 games but it's much less pronounced. Maybe they use a thicker plastic.

Is this a common problem? I'm guessing it has something to do with humidity and/or temperature.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Come to think of it, my Warhawk case is like that. I don't have any other games that are that old to check though, and I haven't looked at my Blu-ray collection in months.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I don't have this problem but like you said it may be a humidity or temperature problem. Being that I live in S. Florida, my condo is climate controlled year round 76-78degrees.

What did happen to me once is that I tried to unwrap a new bluray in the dark while I was zooted and ended up ripping off the plastic sleeve for the artwork completely.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdjenk /forum/post/15594017

I don't have this problem but like you said it may be a humidity or temperature problem. Being that I live in S. Florida, my condo is climate controlled year round 76-78degrees.

Interesting, thanks. I've had air conditioning problems the last couple of summers so it got pretty hot in the apartment for a while.

Quote:

What did happen to me once is that I tried to unwrap a new bluray in the dark while I was zooted and ended up ripping off the plastic sleeve for the artwork completely.

I did that once as well but it was the free copy of Talladega Nights that came with the PS3 so I wasn't too bummed.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts

Quote:

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
My cases are somewhat worn, but only because I open and close them regularly.

The oldest case plastic looks all dirty now though.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmonkeee /forum/post/15594310

LOL, that's not me it must be.. oh nevermind.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdjenk /forum/post/15594400

LOL, that's not me it must be.. oh nevermind.

Um. It's a zoot suit. I've never heard the term "zooted" before.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts

·
Registered
3,044 Posts

Quote:

Wow, I never heard the term "zooted" before. Anyway, my cases seem to have the same problem, but I've never paid attention to prior to this thread. Rippled PS3 cases are around #45,475 on my list of problems.

·
Registered
788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiss88 /forum/post/15595248

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=zooted

Hahaha I love definition #1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 /forum/post/15598608

I don't seem to have this problem with my cases. Are you guys keeping them stored away or in the open?

Brandon

I don't have this problem either. I live in SoCal and the temp inside my house hits the mid-80s all the time. And... unlike Mr. Money Bucks up above I don't constantly run my AC to keep my house 76 degrees or below. =P

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
ONLY my Resistance case is like that. I actually open my games and put the disks in a dvd case so everything is at quick grabbing. My boxes stay mint on the shelf.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by funsocaltiger /forum/post/15600742

Hahaha I love definition #1.

I don't have this problem either. I live in SoCal and the temp inside my house hits the mid-80s all the time. And... unlike Mr. Money Bucks up above I don't constantly run my AC to keep my house 76 degrees or below. =P

80 degrees +? LOL, you're the guy always complaining about the PS3 fan noise. Anyways, that is impossible to let that happen in Florida. The importance of climate control down here is two fold. The major concern here is humidity, it will do a number on your electronics, stimulate the growth of mold and warp your nice laminate flooring. In summary, it's not so much a luxury but a necessity.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdjenk /forum/post/15603197

80 degrees +? LOL, you're the guy always complaining about the PS3 fan noise. Anyways, that is impossible to let that happen in Florida. The importance of climate control down here is two fold. The major concern here is humidity, it will do a number on your electronics, stimulate the growth of mold and warp your nice laminate flooring. In summary, it's not so much a luxury but a necessity.

I used to live in Coral Springs and I agree that setting the temperature above 80 in South Florida would be suicidal. Even in Illinois, it is too humid in the summer to leave the temperature above 80.

·
Registered
7,647 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by funsocaltiger /forum/post/15600742

In the cold months, I leave the heat at 70 when I leave the house. In the hot months of California, I leave the A/C at 76 or 78 when I leave the house (can't remember).

My apartment has pretty good insulation/windows, so even when it hits those parameters it's not too hot or too cold inside.

Brandon

1 - 17 of 17 Posts